Our chemical peel treatment is the one-stop-shop for skin rejuvenation to make your skin and your skin care products work better. By removing the outermost layer of the skin, this treatment allows for new skin to regenerate, diminishing fine lines, improving mild scarring, pigmentation concerns, pore size, dullness, and texture.
For optimal results, patients are recommended 4-6 chemical peels every 2-4 weeks, and then every 6 weeks for maintenance to keep skin looking and feeling fresh.
We recommend our patients to book their chemical peel appointments accordingly to any upcoming events. Please consider at least 7-10 days for your skin to fully heal.
Benefits of a Chemical Peel Treatment
- Reduce fine lines
- Improve dullness and skin texture
- Improve scarring, and pigmentation concerns
- Minimize pore size
- Elevate absorption of skin care products
How to Prep for a Chemical Peel Treatment
- At the start of the treatment, patients may experience a warm, tingling sensation
- It is very important to avoid acid products (retinoids, or acne-fighting products containing acid) at least 5 days before the appointment
- Inform your treatment provider of any medications prior to the treatment
Aftercare and Results
- Skin will feel dry and tight. Make sure to keep the treated areas hydrated
- Avoid forcing the peeling process (Do not scrub, do not use Clarisonic, no picking at the peeling) – Forcing the peeling process will cause discolouration and scarring
- After a light chemical peel, the treated areas can take up to 7-10 days to heal, and new skin may temporarily become lighter/darker than usual
- After a medium chemical peel, the treated area will be red, tight, and may be swollen
- Do not skip the sunscreen!
We always welcome any questions to ensure our patients proceed their treatments with an educated decision.